Dog dies after getting caught in animal trap
AUBURN - A golden retriever died Thursday when it became ensnared in a metal hunting trap that authorities believe may have been set illegally.
Police Lt. Ray Pelton said Melissa Fogelson was walking her dog on a trail on the Manchester Waterworks property when her dog got stuck in the trap and suffocated.
"It's pretty bad," he said.
Pelton said police called in New Hampshire Fish and Game officers because the trap, which was on the ground, may have been illegal and was set so close to a walking trail.
"It wasn't like she was in the middle of the woods," he said. "They were on the trail. That could have been a kid or anybody" ensnared in the trap.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?