May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Portsmouth man faces court date after complaining prostitute owes him more time
PORTSMOUTH - A man who called police with a complaint that a woman he hired as a prostitute shorted him by 10 or 15 minutes is scheduled to appear in a Maine courtroom next month for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge of engaging a prostitute.
Old Orchard Beach Police issued a summons last week to Scott Pipher, 34, of Portsmouth, charging him with the misdemeanor offense.
Details of the alleged transaction were not clear, but an agitated Pipher told police that the woman cut their time together short and "did not give him his money's worth," Old Orchard Police Sgt. Gerard Hamilton said Thursday.
"It appeared his emotions took over, and he was not thinking about the consequences of making the phone call," Hamilton said.
Pipher called police in March, leading to an investigation and online sting operation that resulted in the arrests of two women on charges of engaging in prostitution, Old Orchard Police announced Monday.
One of the women arrested in the sting was the one Pipher complained about in his call to police, Hamilton said.
Pipher did not answer a message seeking comment Thursday. He is scheduled for arraignment in Biddeford Court in Maine on Jan. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424