Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Portsmouth man faces court date after complaining prostitute owes him more time
PORTSMOUTH - A man who called police with a complaint that a woman he hired as a prostitute shorted him by 10 or 15 minutes is scheduled to appear in a Maine courtroom next month for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge of engaging a prostitute.
Old Orchard Beach Police issued a summons last week to Scott Pipher, 34, of Portsmouth, charging him with the misdemeanor offense.
Details of the alleged transaction were not clear, but an agitated Pipher told police that the woman cut their time together short and "did not give him his money's worth," Old Orchard Police Sgt. Gerard Hamilton said Thursday.
"It appeared his emotions took over, and he was not thinking about the consequences of making the phone call," Hamilton said.
Pipher called police in March, leading to an investigation and online sting operation that resulted in the arrests of two women on charges of engaging in prostitution, Old Orchard Police announced Monday.
One of the women arrested in the sting was the one Pipher complained about in his call to police, Hamilton said.
Pipher did not answer a message seeking comment Thursday. He is scheduled for arraignment in Biddeford Court in Maine on Jan. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal