May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Lakes Region pair charged in robbery
NORTHFIELD - Two men are under arrest, accused in the assault of a man inside his Vining Way home.
The incident happened just after midnight Thursday at the home of Aaron Jordan of 9 Vining Road. Police learned of it as Jordan was heading to the hospital for treatment of knife wounds to his hands.
According to a news release, Jordan went out earlier in the evening and when he returned home, Eric Raymond, 26, of Tilton, who Jordan knows, and Daniel Hill, 27, of Belmont, were waiting for him inside his house.
Raymond demanded money that Jordan owed him and started beating him up, police said. During the attack, police said Raymond pulled out a folding knife and tried to stab Jordan in the torso. Jordan put his hands up to protect himself and was cut.
Police said the men held Jordan down and removed cash from his pockets. Then they fled the home, but not before Raymond again threatened Jordan with the knife, police said.
Authorities issued a police bulletin regarding the vehicle used by the two men to get away. A short time later, a Belmont officer spotted it, pulled it over and arrested Raymond and Hill.
Raymond is charged with armed robbery, second-degree assault, attempted second-degree assault, criminal threatening, falsification of physical evidence, and simple assault. Hill is charged with being an accomplice to armed robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424