May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police: Shoplifter stuffed items into child's pockets
Surveillance photos of the suspect as he struggles with the clerk at TN Convenience Store in Manchester Tuesday evening. (Courtesy of Manchester Police)
MANCHESTER - A store clerk caught a shoplifter stuffing items into his pockets and those of a young boy Tuesday at a Bridge Street convenience store, police said.
The theft was reported just after 7 p.m. at TN Convenience Store, 90 Bridge St. A 30-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store with a small child. He watched the man take items from the shelves and put them into the child's coat pockets and his own. The clerk confronted the shoplifter and wrestled with him. The man, however, broke free and ran from the store with the child.
Some of the stolen merchandise recovered included Tootsie Roll pops and coffee filters.
The thief is described as a white man, 22 to 32 years old, bald or whose head is shaved, and clean shaven. He wore a black leather jacket over a white, long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, black shoes and a baseball cap worn backwards bearing an unknown insignia. He has tattoos along both arms and all over his back, which were revealed when the clerk pulled off some of his clothing during the struggle.
The child was a small boy wearing a red and black jacket and multicolored winter hat.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 4
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424