Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police: Shoplifter stuffed items into child's pockets
Surveillance photos of the suspect as he struggles with the clerk at TN Convenience Store in Manchester Tuesday evening. (Courtesy of Manchester Police)
MANCHESTER - A store clerk caught a shoplifter stuffing items into his pockets and those of a young boy Tuesday at a Bridge Street convenience store, police said.
The theft was reported just after 7 p.m. at TN Convenience Store, 90 Bridge St. A 30-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store with a small child. He watched the man take items from the shelves and put them into the child's coat pockets and his own. The clerk confronted the shoplifter and wrestled with him. The man, however, broke free and ran from the store with the child.
Some of the stolen merchandise recovered included Tootsie Roll pops and coffee filters.
The thief is described as a white man, 22 to 32 years old, bald or whose head is shaved, and clean shaven. He wore a black leather jacket over a white, long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, black shoes and a baseball cap worn backwards bearing an unknown insignia. He has tattoos along both arms and all over his back, which were revealed when the clerk pulled off some of his clothing during the struggle.
The child was a small boy wearing a red and black jacket and multicolored winter hat.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483