Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police: Shoplifter stuffed items into child's pockets
Surveillance photos of the suspect as he struggles with the clerk at TN Convenience Store in Manchester Tuesday evening. (Courtesy of Manchester Police)
MANCHESTER - A store clerk caught a shoplifter stuffing items into his pockets and those of a young boy Tuesday at a Bridge Street convenience store, police said.
The theft was reported just after 7 p.m. at TN Convenience Store, 90 Bridge St. A 30-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store with a small child. He watched the man take items from the shelves and put them into the child's coat pockets and his own. The clerk confronted the shoplifter and wrestled with him. The man, however, broke free and ran from the store with the child.
Some of the stolen merchandise recovered included Tootsie Roll pops and coffee filters.
The thief is described as a white man, 22 to 32 years old, bald or whose head is shaved, and clean shaven. He wore a black leather jacket over a white, long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, black shoes and a baseball cap worn backwards bearing an unknown insignia. He has tattoos along both arms and all over his back, which were revealed when the clerk pulled off some of his clothing during the struggle.
The child was a small boy wearing a red and black jacket and multicolored winter hat.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'