Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man mugged for his cellphone in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a cellphone from a man walking near Concord and Chestnut streets Tuesday night, police said.
The mugging happened about 9:45 p.m. A 19-year-old man was walking west on Concord Street when he was grabbed by his backpack from behind. The assailant demanded his cellphone and any other property he had.
The teen handed over his cellphone, but then the thief demanded his 4-digit code to unlock it.
The victim complied and, once the phone was unlocked, the robber rifled through the victim's backpack and wallet, which was inside it. Other people were walking toward them and the robber suddenly ran off, heading east on Concord Street with the cellphone.
He is described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6-feet tall and weighing 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a black down vest over a dark-colored sweatshirt, and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 9
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424