June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Man mugged for his cellphone in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a cellphone from a man walking near Concord and Chestnut streets Tuesday night, police said.
The mugging happened about 9:45 p.m. A 19-year-old man was walking west on Concord Street when he was grabbed by his backpack from behind. The assailant demanded his cellphone and any other property he had.
The teen handed over his cellphone, but then the thief demanded his 4-digit code to unlock it.
The victim complied and, once the phone was unlocked, the robber rifled through the victim's backpack and wallet, which was inside it. Other people were walking toward them and the robber suddenly ran off, heading east on Concord Street with the cellphone.
He is described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6-feet tall and weighing 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a black down vest over a dark-colored sweatshirt, and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 18
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424