Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man mugged for his cellphone in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a cellphone from a man walking near Concord and Chestnut streets Tuesday night, police said.
The mugging happened about 9:45 p.m. A 19-year-old man was walking west on Concord Street when he was grabbed by his backpack from behind. The assailant demanded his cellphone and any other property he had.
The teen handed over his cellphone, but then the thief demanded his 4-digit code to unlock it.
The victim complied and, once the phone was unlocked, the robber rifled through the victim's backpack and wallet, which was inside it. Other people were walking toward them and the robber suddenly ran off, heading east on Concord Street with the cellphone.
He is described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6-feet tall and weighing 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a black down vest over a dark-colored sweatshirt, and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief