Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Man mugged for his cellphone in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a cellphone from a man walking near Concord and Chestnut streets Tuesday night, police said.
The mugging happened about 9:45 p.m. A 19-year-old man was walking west on Concord Street when he was grabbed by his backpack from behind. The assailant demanded his cellphone and any other property he had.
The teen handed over his cellphone, but then the thief demanded his 4-digit code to unlock it.
The victim complied and, once the phone was unlocked, the robber rifled through the victim's backpack and wallet, which was inside it. Other people were walking toward them and the robber suddenly ran off, heading east on Concord Street with the cellphone.
He is described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6-feet tall and weighing 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a black down vest over a dark-colored sweatshirt, and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917