Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man mugged for his cellphone in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a cellphone from a man walking near Concord and Chestnut streets Tuesday night, police said.
The mugging happened about 9:45 p.m. A 19-year-old man was walking west on Concord Street when he was grabbed by his backpack from behind. The assailant demanded his cellphone and any other property he had.
The teen handed over his cellphone, but then the thief demanded his 4-digit code to unlock it.
The victim complied and, once the phone was unlocked, the robber rifled through the victim's backpack and wallet, which was inside it. Other people were walking toward them and the robber suddenly ran off, heading east on Concord Street with the cellphone.
He is described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6-feet tall and weighing 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a black down vest over a dark-colored sweatshirt, and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal