Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, Hudson duplex damaged in fire
HUDSON — One person suffered minor injuries in a heavy fire that damaged one half of a duplex on Mission Lane Thursday night, Fire Capt. David Morin said.
Morin said firefighters encountered a large fire when they arrived at the 11 Mission Lane duplex about 8:30 p.m. Thursday. The fire was knocked down 15 minutes later and did not spread to the other side of the two-family building, he said.
"The guys did a really nice job tonight," Morin said of firefighters.
Morin said no cause had been determined Thursday night and investigators had not determined yet whether the fire was suspicious.
Morin said the resident at 11 Mission Lane, whose name he didn't know, was treated at the scene for minor injuries. The resident — Morin also did not know the person's gender — was the only person displaced by the fire, he said.
No firefighters were injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Royals' ride six-run sixth to Game 2 win, even Series - 0
- Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst - 0
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: How offshore oil rigs are helping the environment - 0
- George Will: In Kentucky, a constitutional moment - 1
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 0
NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Health costs up for Manchester
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?