Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, Hudson duplex damaged in fire
HUDSON — One person suffered minor injuries in a heavy fire that damaged one half of a duplex on Mission Lane Thursday night, Fire Capt. David Morin said.
Morin said firefighters encountered a large fire when they arrived at the 11 Mission Lane duplex about 8:30 p.m. Thursday. The fire was knocked down 15 minutes later and did not spread to the other side of the two-family building, he said.
"The guys did a really nice job tonight," Morin said of firefighters.
Morin said no cause had been determined Thursday night and investigators had not determined yet whether the fire was suspicious.
Morin said the resident at 11 Mission Lane, whose name he didn't know, was treated at the scene for minor injuries. The resident — Morin also did not know the person's gender — was the only person displaced by the fire, he said.
No firefighters were injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 1
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 7
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over