Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Moore's layup lifts St. Anselm women
Allen Lessels' College Hockey: Dartmouth bounces back
Junior Kierra Moore's layup with 1.2 seconds left lifted the St. Anselm College women's basketball team to a 58-56 win against host St. Michael's College in Colchester, Vt., on Thursday. Moore scored 10 points off the bench and sophomore Allie Jones had a team-high 13 points as the Hawks (4-5, 1-5 in Northeast-10) overcame a 10-point second-half deficit to halt a three-game losing streak and win their first conference game.
Dover's Curran Leighton hit a three-pointer during an 11-2 run that gave St. Anselm a 46-45 lead with 4:11 left. Nicole Adach had a game-high 22 points for St. Michael's (1-7, 0-6).
Keene State 75, Daniel Webster 43: Siobhan Carnell had 17 points and seven rebounds and Amherst's Christan Wojtas chipped in with 16 points as Keene State topped Daniel Webster at Mario Vagge Gym in Nashua. Carly Kiernan scored 13 and Ryanne Williams had nine points and nine rebounds for the Owls (3-4).
Vanessa Bosques hit six three-pointers and had a game-high 26 points and Manchester's Ashley Giampetruzzi had nine rebounds and five points for DWC (0-8).
Boston College 4, UNH 1 (Wed.): At Durham, the No. 6 Eagles (11-3-2, 8-2-1) scored three unanswered goals in the third period to pull past the Wildcats (7-11-1, 4-4-1) in a Women's Hockey East matchup. Alexis Crossley tied the game at 1-all for UNH at 13:34 of the second period with her team-high sixth goal of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce wins NCAA baseball regional - 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands