Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Moore's layup lifts St. Anselm women
Allen Lessels' College Hockey: Dartmouth bounces back
Junior Kierra Moore's layup with 1.2 seconds left lifted the St. Anselm College women's basketball team to a 58-56 win against host St. Michael's College in Colchester, Vt., on Thursday. Moore scored 10 points off the bench and sophomore Allie Jones had a team-high 13 points as the Hawks (4-5, 1-5 in Northeast-10) overcame a 10-point second-half deficit to halt a three-game losing streak and win their first conference game.
Dover's Curran Leighton hit a three-pointer during an 11-2 run that gave St. Anselm a 46-45 lead with 4:11 left. Nicole Adach had a game-high 22 points for St. Michael's (1-7, 0-6).
Keene State 75, Daniel Webster 43: Siobhan Carnell had 17 points and seven rebounds and Amherst's Christan Wojtas chipped in with 16 points as Keene State topped Daniel Webster at Mario Vagge Gym in Nashua. Carly Kiernan scored 13 and Ryanne Williams had nine points and nine rebounds for the Owls (3-4).
Vanessa Bosques hit six three-pointers and had a game-high 26 points and Manchester's Ashley Giampetruzzi had nine rebounds and five points for DWC (0-8).
Boston College 4, UNH 1 (Wed.): At Durham, the No. 6 Eagles (11-3-2, 8-2-1) scored three unanswered goals in the third period to pull past the Wildcats (7-11-1, 4-4-1) in a Women's Hockey East matchup. Alexis Crossley tied the game at 1-all for UNH at 13:34 of the second period with her team-high sixth goal of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Another View: A voter ID compromise with which we all can live - 15
- George Will: The NLRB’s school-door stand - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Memorial Day services, events around NH