Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Moore's layup lifts St. Anselm women
Junior Kierra Moore's layup with 1.2 seconds left lifted the St. Anselm College women's basketball team to a 58-56 win against host St. Michael's College in Colchester, Vt., on Thursday. Moore scored 10 points off the bench and sophomore Allie Jones had a team-high 13 points as the Hawks (4-5, 1-5 in Northeast-10) overcame a 10-point second-half deficit to halt a three-game losing streak and win their first conference game.
Dover's Curran Leighton hit a three-pointer during an 11-2 run that gave St. Anselm a 46-45 lead with 4:11 left. Nicole Adach had a game-high 22 points for St. Michael's (1-7, 0-6).
Keene State 75, Daniel Webster 43: Siobhan Carnell had 17 points and seven rebounds and Amherst's Christan Wojtas chipped in with 16 points as Keene State topped Daniel Webster at Mario Vagge Gym in Nashua. Carly Kiernan scored 13 and Ryanne Williams had nine points and nine rebounds for the Owls (3-4).
Vanessa Bosques hit six three-pointers and had a game-high 26 points and Manchester's Ashley Giampetruzzi had nine rebounds and five points for DWC (0-8).
Boston College 4, UNH 1 (Wed.): At Durham, the No. 6 Eagles (11-3-2, 8-2-1) scored three unanswered goals in the third period to pull past the Wildcats (7-11-1, 4-4-1) in a Women's Hockey East matchup. Alexis Crossley tied the game at 1-all for UNH at 13:34 of the second period with her team-high sixth goal of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 1
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans