Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Handgun and other evidence displayed in attempted murder trial of Myles Webster
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police Officer Ken Loui took the witness stand Friday in the attempted murder trial of Myles Webster, 23, accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Daniel Doherty March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
Loui identified, and showed to the jury, the Glock semi-automatic gun found at the base of the white plastic fence between 141 and 145 Putnam St., where Webster was arrrested.
Loui said the gun was found on the 141 side of the fence and a black jacket was found in a trash can by a shed at 145 Putnam. When Loui held up the jacket, which appeared large, the inside of the hood was a large black-and-white check, which looked like the hood lining on the jacket Webster was wearing in the video surveillance at the Rite Aid store at McGregor Square shortly before Doherty was shot.
He also showed jurors a black T-shirt found inside out in a walkway at 294 Dubuque St. When the shirt was turned right-side out, a small alligator logo was visible on the upper left chest area. Jennifer Whitfield, who testified Thursday, said Webster was wearing a shirt like that when he was with her and two other women when they went to Rite Aid and when he got out of her car at a traffic light shortly thereafter at McGregor Square.
Loui also identified 14 shell casings from a Glock .357 semi automatic and 10 shell casings from Doherty's .40 gun that were found where Doherty was shot, bullets found in the apartment building at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon, and a .357 shell casing found on Granite Street that matched the casings found at the shooting scene.
Whitfield and another woman who was with Webster in Whitfield's vehicle both testified that Webster fired a shot out the window of Whitfield's car as they went under the Granite Street Bridge on their way to the West Side March 21.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483