Home » News » Public Safety
Nothing found after Bedford High School bomb threat
BEDFORD – A bomb threat brought police and fire personnel to Bedford High School Friday morning, though no evidence was found.
According to SAU 25 Superintendent Timothy Mayes, a message was found in a boy’s bathroom stall before nine a.m., indicating that there was a bomb inside the building.
Bedford Police and Fire Departments were contacted, and a search was conducted of both the high school and the adjacent Ross A. Lurgio Middle School, which turned up nothing.
“We followed our protocol on these kinds of threats,” Mayes said.
Classes resumed as usual Friday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 2
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 1
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm