June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Ossipee shoplifting report results in arrests connected to Maine thefts
MADISON — Two men were arrested Thursday in connection to a “spree” of thefts in Maine, while police are searching for a third involved man, New Hampshire state police said.
Police said they pulled over a van about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 16 in Madison after a convenience store clerk in Ossipee reported that they’d stolen merchandise from the store. Police said the van had been reported stolen in Maine.
Once the van came to a stop, its driver got out and ran into a wooded area, police said. Randy Mooers, 22, of Tamworth, and Michael-Alan Powell, 22, of Biddeford, Maine, were arrested “without further incident” and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession, police said.
“Investigation has revealed that the three men embarked on a spree of thefts from vehicles in Maine, culminating in the theft of the van. Authorities in Maine are assisting with identification of the driver and the trio will likely face several charges in that state as well,” police said in a statement.
Mooers and Powell are scheduled to appear Dec. 17 in Conway Circuit Court, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424