May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Ossipee shoplifting report results in arrests connected to Maine thefts
MADISON — Two men were arrested Thursday in connection to a “spree” of thefts in Maine, while police are searching for a third involved man, New Hampshire state police said.
Police said they pulled over a van about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 16 in Madison after a convenience store clerk in Ossipee reported that they’d stolen merchandise from the store. Police said the van had been reported stolen in Maine.
Once the van came to a stop, its driver got out and ran into a wooded area, police said. Randy Mooers, 22, of Tamworth, and Michael-Alan Powell, 22, of Biddeford, Maine, were arrested “without further incident” and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession, police said.
“Investigation has revealed that the three men embarked on a spree of thefts from vehicles in Maine, culminating in the theft of the van. Authorities in Maine are assisting with identification of the driver and the trio will likely face several charges in that state as well,” police said in a statement.
Mooers and Powell are scheduled to appear Dec. 17 in Conway Circuit Court, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 3
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 6
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 14
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424