Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Ossipee shoplifting report results in arrests connected to Maine thefts
MADISON — Two men were arrested Thursday in connection to a “spree” of thefts in Maine, while police are searching for a third involved man, New Hampshire state police said.
Police said they pulled over a van about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 16 in Madison after a convenience store clerk in Ossipee reported that they’d stolen merchandise from the store. Police said the van had been reported stolen in Maine.
Once the van came to a stop, its driver got out and ran into a wooded area, police said. Randy Mooers, 22, of Tamworth, and Michael-Alan Powell, 22, of Biddeford, Maine, were arrested “without further incident” and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession, police said.
“Investigation has revealed that the three men embarked on a spree of thefts from vehicles in Maine, culminating in the theft of the van. Authorities in Maine are assisting with identification of the driver and the trio will likely face several charges in that state as well,” police said in a statement.
Mooers and Powell are scheduled to appear Dec. 17 in Conway Circuit Court, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917