Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Ossipee shoplifting report results in arrests connected to Maine thefts
MADISON — Two men were arrested Thursday in connection to a “spree” of thefts in Maine, while police are searching for a third involved man, New Hampshire state police said.
Police said they pulled over a van about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 16 in Madison after a convenience store clerk in Ossipee reported that they’d stolen merchandise from the store. Police said the van had been reported stolen in Maine.
Once the van came to a stop, its driver got out and ran into a wooded area, police said. Randy Mooers, 22, of Tamworth, and Michael-Alan Powell, 22, of Biddeford, Maine, were arrested “without further incident” and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession, police said.
“Investigation has revealed that the three men embarked on a spree of thefts from vehicles in Maine, culminating in the theft of the van. Authorities in Maine are assisting with identification of the driver and the trio will likely face several charges in that state as well,” police said in a statement.
Mooers and Powell are scheduled to appear Dec. 17 in Conway Circuit Court, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917