Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Ossipee shoplifting report results in arrests connected to Maine thefts
MADISON — Two men were arrested Thursday in connection to a “spree” of thefts in Maine, while police are searching for a third involved man, New Hampshire state police said.
Police said they pulled over a van about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Route 16 in Madison after a convenience store clerk in Ossipee reported that they’d stolen merchandise from the store. Police said the van had been reported stolen in Maine.
Once the van came to a stop, its driver got out and ran into a wooded area, police said. Randy Mooers, 22, of Tamworth, and Michael-Alan Powell, 22, of Biddeford, Maine, were arrested “without further incident” and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession, police said.
“Investigation has revealed that the three men embarked on a spree of thefts from vehicles in Maine, culminating in the theft of the van. Authorities in Maine are assisting with identification of the driver and the trio will likely face several charges in that state as well,” police said in a statement.
Mooers and Powell are scheduled to appear Dec. 17 in Conway Circuit Court, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'