Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Man charged in assault outside bar
NASHUA -- A city man is accused of breaking a bone in another man's face in an assault outside a downtown bar in October.
Jesus Figueroa, 37, of 108 Pine St., is charged with a class B felony of second degree assault. Police learned of the assault when someone called for an ambulance on Oct. 4 at 10:11 p.m. for a man who reportedly was injured after falling on a sidewalk.
Investigators determined the man was the victim of an assault and suffered a fracture to his face. Figueroa became a suspect and ultimately was arrested after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest for second degree assault.
Figueroa, held on $10,000 cash/surety bail, was to have been arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court - Nashua District Division.
Woman dies after 4-car crash in Concord
CONCORD -- A local woman died Thursday night from injuries she suffered in a four-vehicle crash at Clinton and South Fruit streets.
Ashleigh List, 29, and another person were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment of injuries suffered in the 4:47 p.m. crash involving four vehicles.
List later died from her injuries, while the second person was treated and then released.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the Concord Police Department are investigating the collision. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600.
Man in wheelchair struck by vehicle
ROCHESTER -- A local 81-year-old man in a motorized wheelchair was sent to the hospital after being struck by a car Friday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:36 p.m. after a 2006 Chrysler 300, driven by John E. Pinkney, 85, of Mirror Lake, struck Roger Cailloutte, 81, of Rochester, who was attempting to cross Rochester Hill Road in a crosswalk in his motorized wheelchair.
After talking to witnesses, investigators determined Pinkney was attempting to leave Frisbie Memorial Hospital's parking lot to turn right onto Rochester Hill Road when the accident occurred.
Paramedics transported Cailloutte, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to the hospital for evaluation. Before he drove off in the Chrysler, which sustained minor damage, police issued Pinkney a summons for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Rochester Hill Road remained open following the accident and during the investigation.
Police remind area drivers to stop and yield for pedestrians in crosswalks.
Firemen set to host?Christmas parade
HAMPSTEAD -- The Hampstead Firemen's Association will hold its annual Christmas Parade today beginning at 2 p.m.
The theme for this year's parade, which will proceed down Main Street, is "12 Days of Christmas."
Following the parade, people are invited to stop by the fire station, where trophies will be awarded to the winning floats and ribbons will be given to all other participants. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served and children will be treated to a special visit from Santa.
The Hampstead Firemen's Association funds the parade with donations from residents and local businesses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 2
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 12
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Monitoring social media
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it