Home » News » Public Safety
Bomb threat found in Bedford High bathroom
BEDFORD - A bomb threat brought police and fire personnel to Bedford High School Friday morning, though no evidence was found.
According to SAU 25 Superintendent Timothy Mayes, a message was found in a boys bathroom stall before 9 a.m. indicating that there was a bomb inside the building.
Mayes said Bedford Police and Fire Departments were contacted, and bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in to search both the high school and the adjacent Ross A. Lurgio Middle School.
"They determined that it was a low-risk threat," said Mayes, adding that all standard emergency protocol was followed for the type of threat involved.
Students were not evacuated from the building.
Mayes said large areas of the school were searched first, including the gymnasium and theater, and students were moved into those areas once they were cleared so that the remainder of the buildings could be inspected.
Principal William Hagen sent home a letter to parents regarding the incident, which said, in part, "While we are confident that this was an empty threat, we took all appropriate action as a precautionary measure."
Classes resumed Friday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 7
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 21
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer