Home » News » Public Safety
Car accident leads to Rochester DUI arrest
ROCHESTER - A report of a vehicle off the road near the Sky Haven airport in Rochester Saturday, led to the arrest of the driver, Ricky Dyer of West Lebaon, Maine of charges of Driving Under the Influence and several other charges, police said.
When police responded to the scene, they found the a 2001 Nissan Maxima, resting perpendicular to the stop sign on Rochester Hill Road. Myer, who police identified as the driver, was out of the vehicle and smelled of alcohol.
In addition to his DUI offense, Dyer was also charged with transportation of alcoholic beverages and driving after revocation or suspension. He was released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail and given a court arraignment date of Jan. 24, 2013.
Police noted he had previous DUI arrests in both Maine and New Hampshire.
Anyone with information that would be helpful in this case are asked to call Rochester Police at (603) 330-7127 or the Crimeline at (603) 335-6500.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 4
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 3
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'