Home » News » Public Safety
Car accident leads to Rochester DUI arrest
ROCHESTER - A report of a vehicle off the road near the Sky Haven airport in Rochester Saturday, led to the arrest of the driver, Ricky Dyer of West Lebaon, Maine of charges of Driving Under the Influence and several other charges, police said.
When police responded to the scene, they found the a 2001 Nissan Maxima, resting perpendicular to the stop sign on Rochester Hill Road. Myer, who police identified as the driver, was out of the vehicle and smelled of alcohol.
In addition to his DUI offense, Dyer was also charged with transportation of alcoholic beverages and driving after revocation or suspension. He was released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail and given a court arraignment date of Jan. 24, 2013.
Police noted he had previous DUI arrests in both Maine and New Hampshire.
Anyone with information that would be helpful in this case are asked to call Rochester Police at (603) 330-7127 or the Crimeline at (603) 335-6500.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Firefighters battle intense body shop fire in Derry - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- NFL: Eagles rally in second half to edge Colts, 30-27 - 0
- Large blast kills at least one in Afghan capital as smoke rises above city - 0
- UNH ranked for 144th straight week; QB Goldrich honored by CAA - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine