Home » Opinion » Editorials
How many days left? Santa Fund countdown
We do miss the old signs that would exclaim "Only x-shopping days 'til Christmas!" Nowadays, every day is a shopping day, and the Christmas shopping began for some around Labor Day.
Still, if our math is correct, the Sunday News has just two more chances before Christmas to ask you to help the Union Leader Santa Fund. This is one of them.
The Union Leader Santa Fund helps the Salvation Army each Christmas season. But it is really you, the readers, who do the heavy lifting. You lift out your wallets or checkbooks or ATM cards and make a donation. The Salvation Army turns your dollars into warm clothing for kids, warm meals for families, actual warmth (by helping with heating bills), and spiritual warmth for both donors and recipients.
And, next summer, some children who would otherwise not be able to, get to go to camp for a week in the warm weather.
The daily list of Santa Fund donors that is published in our Greater Manchester editions is growing. It is like reading Christmas cards from old friends and new. You can add your name and best wishes, or remain anonymous, to the list by filling out the form found online at www.unionleader.com/santafund or in our Manchester editions. Or just send your check to Santa Fund, Union Leader, PO Box 9555, Manchester, N.H., 03108.
Better hurry up, only 16 days 'til Christmas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 17
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- Manchester school board to take a closer look at lice policy - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings