Home » Opinion » Editorials
How many days left? Santa Fund countdown
We do miss the old signs that would exclaim "Only x-shopping days 'til Christmas!" Nowadays, every day is a shopping day, and the Christmas shopping began for some around Labor Day.
Still, if our math is correct, the Sunday News has just two more chances before Christmas to ask you to help the Union Leader Santa Fund. This is one of them.
The Union Leader Santa Fund helps the Salvation Army each Christmas season. But it is really you, the readers, who do the heavy lifting. You lift out your wallets or checkbooks or ATM cards and make a donation. The Salvation Army turns your dollars into warm clothing for kids, warm meals for families, actual warmth (by helping with heating bills), and spiritual warmth for both donors and recipients.
And, next summer, some children who would otherwise not be able to, get to go to camp for a week in the warm weather.
The daily list of Santa Fund donors that is published in our Greater Manchester editions is growing. It is like reading Christmas cards from old friends and new. You can add your name and best wishes, or remain anonymous, to the list by filling out the form found online at www.unionleader.com/santafund or in our Manchester editions. Or just send your check to Santa Fund, Union Leader, PO Box 9555, Manchester, N.H., 03108.
Better hurry up, only 16 days 'til Christmas.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options