Home » Opinion » Editorials
How many days left? Santa Fund countdown
We do miss the old signs that would exclaim "Only x-shopping days 'til Christmas!" Nowadays, every day is a shopping day, and the Christmas shopping began for some around Labor Day.
Still, if our math is correct, the Sunday News has just two more chances before Christmas to ask you to help the Union Leader Santa Fund. This is one of them.
The Union Leader Santa Fund helps the Salvation Army each Christmas season. But it is really you, the readers, who do the heavy lifting. You lift out your wallets or checkbooks or ATM cards and make a donation. The Salvation Army turns your dollars into warm clothing for kids, warm meals for families, actual warmth (by helping with heating bills), and spiritual warmth for both donors and recipients.
And, next summer, some children who would otherwise not be able to, get to go to camp for a week in the warm weather.
The daily list of Santa Fund donors that is published in our Greater Manchester editions is growing. It is like reading Christmas cards from old friends and new. You can add your name and best wishes, or remain anonymous, to the list by filling out the form found online at www.unionleader.com/santafund or in our Manchester editions. Or just send your check to Santa Fund, Union Leader, PO Box 9555, Manchester, N.H., 03108.
Better hurry up, only 16 days 'til Christmas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 18
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 60
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 8
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0