Home » Opinion » Editorials
How many days left? Santa Fund countdown
We do miss the old signs that would exclaim "Only x-shopping days 'til Christmas!" Nowadays, every day is a shopping day, and the Christmas shopping began for some around Labor Day.
Still, if our math is correct, the Sunday News has just two more chances before Christmas to ask you to help the Union Leader Santa Fund. This is one of them.
The Union Leader Santa Fund helps the Salvation Army each Christmas season. But it is really you, the readers, who do the heavy lifting. You lift out your wallets or checkbooks or ATM cards and make a donation. The Salvation Army turns your dollars into warm clothing for kids, warm meals for families, actual warmth (by helping with heating bills), and spiritual warmth for both donors and recipients.
And, next summer, some children who would otherwise not be able to, get to go to camp for a week in the warm weather.
The daily list of Santa Fund donors that is published in our Greater Manchester editions is growing. It is like reading Christmas cards from old friends and new. You can add your name and best wishes, or remain anonymous, to the list by filling out the form found online at www.unionleader.com/santafund or in our Manchester editions. Or just send your check to Santa Fund, Union Leader, PO Box 9555, Manchester, N.H., 03108.
Better hurry up, only 16 days 'til Christmas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 28
- Veterans Count, for less: Feds shred a program that works - 3
- Salem's town clown: Nothing is the public's business - 3
- Havenstein's Pledge: It's a sound business plan - 2
- 'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH - 31
- Personhood Controversial? Really? - 33
- Pocket Constitutions: Windham's non-scandal - 16
- Obama's escalation: In Iraq, too broad a fight - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation