Home » Opinion » Editorials
How many days left? Santa Fund countdown
We do miss the old signs that would exclaim "Only x-shopping days 'til Christmas!" Nowadays, every day is a shopping day, and the Christmas shopping began for some around Labor Day.
Still, if our math is correct, the Sunday News has just two more chances before Christmas to ask you to help the Union Leader Santa Fund. This is one of them.
The Union Leader Santa Fund helps the Salvation Army each Christmas season. But it is really you, the readers, who do the heavy lifting. You lift out your wallets or checkbooks or ATM cards and make a donation. The Salvation Army turns your dollars into warm clothing for kids, warm meals for families, actual warmth (by helping with heating bills), and spiritual warmth for both donors and recipients.
And, next summer, some children who would otherwise not be able to, get to go to camp for a week in the warm weather.
The daily list of Santa Fund donors that is published in our Greater Manchester editions is growing. It is like reading Christmas cards from old friends and new. You can add your name and best wishes, or remain anonymous, to the list by filling out the form found online at www.unionleader.com/santafund or in our Manchester editions. Or just send your check to Santa Fund, Union Leader, PO Box 9555, Manchester, N.H., 03108.
Better hurry up, only 16 days 'til Christmas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 5
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 10
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth