Pacquiao knocked out by Marquez in sixth round
LAS VEGAS - Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Manny Pacquiao in the sixth round of their non-title welterweight bout on Saturday, getting his first win over the Filipino in four attempts.
The 39-year-old Mexican, who had lost twice and drawn once in their three previous meetings, sent Pacquiao crashing to the canvas with a stinging right hand with one second left in the round.
Pacquiao, who had been knocked down in the third round, sent Marquez to the floor in the fifth and looked to be getting the better of the fight until the stunning knockout.
Promoter Bob Arum hinted at a fifth fight between the two.
"If they want to fight again, why not?" he said in a televised interview.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840