Pacquiao knocked out by Marquez in sixth round
LAS VEGAS - Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Manny Pacquiao in the sixth round of their non-title welterweight bout on Saturday, getting his first win over the Filipino in four attempts.
The 39-year-old Mexican, who had lost twice and drawn once in their three previous meetings, sent Pacquiao crashing to the canvas with a stinging right hand with one second left in the round.
Pacquiao, who had been knocked down in the third round, sent Marquez to the floor in the fifth and looked to be getting the better of the fight until the stunning knockout.
Promoter Bob Arum hinted at a fifth fight between the two.
"If they want to fight again, why not?" he said in a televised interview.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840