May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester Police say K-9 Colt latched onto homeless man
MANCHESTER - A homeless man was treated for a bite wound to his leg after police said he broke into a vacant apartment house and was "apprehended" by K-9 Colt.
Scott David, 48, no fixed address, was arrested Sunday afternoon inside 305 Hanover St. Someone called police after seeing a "suspicious man" crawling through a window into the apartment building, according to a news release.
Officer Lisa Mackey arrived and began checking the building. Looking through a window, she saw a man inside and yelled for him to come out. Instead, police said the man fled further into the building.
Police then called in Officer Chris Biron and K-9 Colt to search the building. Officers announced the police dog was there, to give David a chance to come out, but when he didn't, Biron and K-9 Colt began the search.
They quickly located David hiding in a room on the second floor where Colt bit David in the leg. He was arrested without further incident, police said.
David was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, then taken to the hospital for treatment of the bite wound.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
For the people: A century of the NH primary
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424