Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester Police say K-9 Colt latched onto homeless man
MANCHESTER - A homeless man was treated for a bite wound to his leg after police said he broke into a vacant apartment house and was "apprehended" by K-9 Colt.
Scott David, 48, no fixed address, was arrested Sunday afternoon inside 305 Hanover St. Someone called police after seeing a "suspicious man" crawling through a window into the apartment building, according to a news release.
Officer Lisa Mackey arrived and began checking the building. Looking through a window, she saw a man inside and yelled for him to come out. Instead, police said the man fled further into the building.
Police then called in Officer Chris Biron and K-9 Colt to search the building. Officers announced the police dog was there, to give David a chance to come out, but when he didn't, Biron and K-9 Colt began the search.
They quickly located David hiding in a room on the second floor where Colt bit David in the leg. He was arrested without further incident, police said.
David was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, then taken to the hospital for treatment of the bite wound.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
- Mazzaglia files appeal of first-degree murder conviction - 0
- Rockingham County corrections officer indicted - 0
- Alleged Abigail kidnapper gets a fence around his home and a possible indictment - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- U.S. hits Islamic State south of Baghdad in first strike under new Obama orders - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917