Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester Police say K-9 Colt latched onto homeless man
MANCHESTER - A homeless man was treated for a bite wound to his leg after police said he broke into a vacant apartment house and was "apprehended" by K-9 Colt.
Scott David, 48, no fixed address, was arrested Sunday afternoon inside 305 Hanover St. Someone called police after seeing a "suspicious man" crawling through a window into the apartment building, according to a news release.
Officer Lisa Mackey arrived and began checking the building. Looking through a window, she saw a man inside and yelled for him to come out. Instead, police said the man fled further into the building.
Police then called in Officer Chris Biron and K-9 Colt to search the building. Officers announced the police dog was there, to give David a chance to come out, but when he didn't, Biron and K-9 Colt began the search.
They quickly located David hiding in a room on the second floor where Colt bit David in the leg. He was arrested without further incident, police said.
David was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, then taken to the hospital for treatment of the bite wound.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917