June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester Police say K-9 Colt latched onto homeless man
MANCHESTER - A homeless man was treated for a bite wound to his leg after police said he broke into a vacant apartment house and was "apprehended" by K-9 Colt.
Scott David, 48, no fixed address, was arrested Sunday afternoon inside 305 Hanover St. Someone called police after seeing a "suspicious man" crawling through a window into the apartment building, according to a news release.
Officer Lisa Mackey arrived and began checking the building. Looking through a window, she saw a man inside and yelled for him to come out. Instead, police said the man fled further into the building.
Police then called in Officer Chris Biron and K-9 Colt to search the building. Officers announced the police dog was there, to give David a chance to come out, but when he didn't, Biron and K-9 Colt began the search.
They quickly located David hiding in a room on the second floor where Colt bit David in the leg. He was arrested without further incident, police said.
David was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, then taken to the hospital for treatment of the bite wound.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424