May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Three arrested in fight outside Manchester bar
MANCHESTER - A man trying to break up a fight between two women near a downtown bar ended up with a swollen and bruised back after he was hit with a hammer from behind.
The fight happened about 1:50 a.m. outside W.R. Taverna, 201 Merrimack St. According to police, several people were fighting in a lot at 456 Union St. but most stopped when they saw police. Two women, however, continued fighting and only stopped after they were pepper-sprayed, police said.
Police arrested Vanessa Negron, 33, of 662 Harvard St., and Marian Reyes, 23, of 283 Bridge St., and charged them with disorderly conduct.
Jose Perez, 28, of 662 Harvard St. - the same address as Negron - had tried to separate the two woman and was hit in the back by a man wielding a drywall hammer.
Witnesses identified the assailant as Miguel Torres, 23, of 283 Bridge St. - the same address as Reyes. He was arrested and charged with second-degree assault.
Police recovered the hammer from underneath a parked vehicle where witnesses said Torres hid it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424