Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Three arrested in fight outside Manchester bar
MANCHESTER - A man trying to break up a fight between two women near a downtown bar ended up with a swollen and bruised back after he was hit with a hammer from behind.
The fight happened about 1:50 a.m. outside W.R. Taverna, 201 Merrimack St. According to police, several people were fighting in a lot at 456 Union St. but most stopped when they saw police. Two women, however, continued fighting and only stopped after they were pepper-sprayed, police said.
Police arrested Vanessa Negron, 33, of 662 Harvard St., and Marian Reyes, 23, of 283 Bridge St., and charged them with disorderly conduct.
Jose Perez, 28, of 662 Harvard St. - the same address as Negron - had tried to separate the two woman and was hit in the back by a man wielding a drywall hammer.
Witnesses identified the assailant as Miguel Torres, 23, of 283 Bridge St. - the same address as Reyes. He was arrested and charged with second-degree assault.
Police recovered the hammer from underneath a parked vehicle where witnesses said Torres hid it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424