Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Three arrested in fight outside Manchester bar
MANCHESTER - A man trying to break up a fight between two women near a downtown bar ended up with a swollen and bruised back after he was hit with a hammer from behind.
The fight happened about 1:50 a.m. outside W.R. Taverna, 201 Merrimack St. According to police, several people were fighting in a lot at 456 Union St. but most stopped when they saw police. Two women, however, continued fighting and only stopped after they were pepper-sprayed, police said.
Police arrested Vanessa Negron, 33, of 662 Harvard St., and Marian Reyes, 23, of 283 Bridge St., and charged them with disorderly conduct.
Jose Perez, 28, of 662 Harvard St. - the same address as Negron - had tried to separate the two woman and was hit in the back by a man wielding a drywall hammer.
Witnesses identified the assailant as Miguel Torres, 23, of 283 Bridge St. - the same address as Reyes. He was arrested and charged with second-degree assault.
Police recovered the hammer from underneath a parked vehicle where witnesses said Torres hid it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483