Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Woman with baby in car charged with running down another woman
MANCHESTER - A woman driver, her 20-month-old son in a car seat beside her, deliberately ran down another woman Sunday on Wilson Street, according to police.
Mary Knee, 25, of 234 Wilson St. was arrested about 9 a.m. and charged with reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, both felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child. She also is accused of violating existing bail conditions.
Police said she deliberately struck Christina Moore, 29, of 574 Silver St., with her van as Moore was walking on Wilson Street. Moore suffered cuts and bruises to her hands and knees.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said the two women know each other and had an ongoing dispute.
Moore told police she was walking north on Wilson Street, near Cilley Road, when she saw a Ford Windstar van traveling south on Wilson Street heading toward her. Knee was driving the van, she said, and a young child was in the front passenger seat.
Both Moore and witnesses told investigators the van drove directly at Moore who jumped clear of its path, according to a news release The van, however, stopped, backed up and then turned around and drove at her again, this time hitting her with the front end of the van, propelling her up and over the front of the van.
The van fled the scene but police said they pulled it over a short time later near Silver and Wilson streets. Knee was driving it and her 20-month-old son was seated in a forward-facing car seat in the front seat, despite visible warning labels on the sun visor about the dangers to a small child seated there if an airbag is deployed, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483