Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Woman with baby in car charged with running down another woman
MANCHESTER - A woman driver, her 20-month-old son in a car seat beside her, deliberately ran down another woman Sunday on Wilson Street, according to police.
Mary Knee, 25, of 234 Wilson St. was arrested about 9 a.m. and charged with reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, both felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child. She also is accused of violating existing bail conditions.
Police said she deliberately struck Christina Moore, 29, of 574 Silver St., with her van as Moore was walking on Wilson Street. Moore suffered cuts and bruises to her hands and knees.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said the two women know each other and had an ongoing dispute.
Moore told police she was walking north on Wilson Street, near Cilley Road, when she saw a Ford Windstar van traveling south on Wilson Street heading toward her. Knee was driving the van, she said, and a young child was in the front passenger seat.
Both Moore and witnesses told investigators the van drove directly at Moore who jumped clear of its path, according to a news release The van, however, stopped, backed up and then turned around and drove at her again, this time hitting her with the front end of the van, propelling her up and over the front of the van.
The van fled the scene but police said they pulled it over a short time later near Silver and Wilson streets. Knee was driving it and her 20-month-old son was seated in a forward-facing car seat in the front seat, despite visible warning labels on the sun visor about the dangers to a small child seated there if an airbag is deployed, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal