Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Woman with baby in car charged with running down another woman
MANCHESTER - A woman driver, her 20-month-old son in a car seat beside her, deliberately ran down another woman Sunday on Wilson Street, according to police.
Mary Knee, 25, of 234 Wilson St. was arrested about 9 a.m. and charged with reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, both felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child. She also is accused of violating existing bail conditions.
Police said she deliberately struck Christina Moore, 29, of 574 Silver St., with her van as Moore was walking on Wilson Street. Moore suffered cuts and bruises to her hands and knees.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said the two women know each other and had an ongoing dispute.
Moore told police she was walking north on Wilson Street, near Cilley Road, when she saw a Ford Windstar van traveling south on Wilson Street heading toward her. Knee was driving the van, she said, and a young child was in the front passenger seat.
Both Moore and witnesses told investigators the van drove directly at Moore who jumped clear of its path, according to a news release The van, however, stopped, backed up and then turned around and drove at her again, this time hitting her with the front end of the van, propelling her up and over the front of the van.
The van fled the scene but police said they pulled it over a short time later near Silver and Wilson streets. Knee was driving it and her 20-month-old son was seated in a forward-facing car seat in the front seat, despite visible warning labels on the sun visor about the dangers to a small child seated there if an airbag is deployed, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 27
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917