Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Woman with baby in car charged with running down another woman
MANCHESTER - A woman driver, her 20-month-old son in a car seat beside her, deliberately ran down another woman Sunday on Wilson Street, according to police.
Mary Knee, 25, of 234 Wilson St. was arrested about 9 a.m. and charged with reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, both felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child. She also is accused of violating existing bail conditions.
Police said she deliberately struck Christina Moore, 29, of 574 Silver St., with her van as Moore was walking on Wilson Street. Moore suffered cuts and bruises to her hands and knees.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said the two women know each other and had an ongoing dispute.
Moore told police she was walking north on Wilson Street, near Cilley Road, when she saw a Ford Windstar van traveling south on Wilson Street heading toward her. Knee was driving the van, she said, and a young child was in the front passenger seat.
Both Moore and witnesses told investigators the van drove directly at Moore who jumped clear of its path, according to a news release The van, however, stopped, backed up and then turned around and drove at her again, this time hitting her with the front end of the van, propelling her up and over the front of the van.
The van fled the scene but police said they pulled it over a short time later near Silver and Wilson streets. Knee was driving it and her 20-month-old son was seated in a forward-facing car seat in the front seat, despite visible warning labels on the sun visor about the dangers to a small child seated there if an airbag is deployed, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Canaan man killed when car falls on him - 0
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 22
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Sprague seeks more assets from Fuller Oil
More violence at Keene