Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman with baby in car charged with running down another woman
MANCHESTER - A woman driver, her 20-month-old son in a car seat beside her, deliberately ran down another woman Sunday on Wilson Street, according to police.
Mary Knee, 25, of 234 Wilson St. was arrested about 9 a.m. and charged with reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, both felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child. She also is accused of violating existing bail conditions.
Police said she deliberately struck Christina Moore, 29, of 574 Silver St., with her van as Moore was walking on Wilson Street. Moore suffered cuts and bruises to her hands and knees.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said the two women know each other and had an ongoing dispute.
Moore told police she was walking north on Wilson Street, near Cilley Road, when she saw a Ford Windstar van traveling south on Wilson Street heading toward her. Knee was driving the van, she said, and a young child was in the front passenger seat.
Both Moore and witnesses told investigators the van drove directly at Moore who jumped clear of its path, according to a news release The van, however, stopped, backed up and then turned around and drove at her again, this time hitting her with the front end of the van, propelling her up and over the front of the van.
The van fled the scene but police said they pulled it over a short time later near Silver and Wilson streets. Knee was driving it and her 20-month-old son was seated in a forward-facing car seat in the front seat, despite visible warning labels on the sun visor about the dangers to a small child seated there if an airbag is deployed, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Hooksett officer struck by motorist
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424