Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecution, defense rest in Webster trial; defense calls only one witness
MANCHESTER - Both prosecution and defense rested Monday morning in the attempted murder trial of Myles Webster, 23, in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Webster is accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Daniel Doherty at Wayne and Rimmon streets after a foot chase March 21.
The final prosecution witness, Dr. Robert A. Catania, a surgeon at Catholic Medical Center, described the wounds Doherty sustained and said, "Nine out of 10 times the wounds would have been fatal."
Defense attorney Caroline Smith presented only one defense witness, Sgt. Michael Biron.
She asked him what Doherty said at the hospital immediatedly after the shooting. Biron said Doherty told him: "Hispanic male, heavyset, ponytail, black clothing. He shot me."
The defense claims Webster is a victim of mistaken identity and that police conducted their investigation in a way to ensure the conviction of Webster, the man they arrested the night of the shooting.
The defense then rested.
Abramson then sent the jury home and said closing arguments will be given Tuesday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424