Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Prosecution, defense rest in Webster trial; defense calls only one witness
MANCHESTER - Both prosecution and defense rested Monday morning in the attempted murder trial of Myles Webster, 23, in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Webster is accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Daniel Doherty at Wayne and Rimmon streets after a foot chase March 21.
The final prosecution witness, Dr. Robert A. Catania, a surgeon at Catholic Medical Center, described the wounds Doherty sustained and said, "Nine out of 10 times the wounds would have been fatal."
Defense attorney Caroline Smith presented only one defense witness, Sgt. Michael Biron.
She asked him what Doherty said at the hospital immediatedly after the shooting. Biron said Doherty told him: "Hispanic male, heavyset, ponytail, black clothing. He shot me."
The defense claims Webster is a victim of mistaken identity and that police conducted their investigation in a way to ensure the conviction of Webster, the man they arrested the night of the shooting.
The defense then rested.
Abramson then sent the jury home and said closing arguments will be given Tuesday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 2
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483