Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecution, defense rest in Webster trial; defense calls only one witness
MANCHESTER - Both prosecution and defense rested Monday morning in the attempted murder trial of Myles Webster, 23, in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Webster is accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Daniel Doherty at Wayne and Rimmon streets after a foot chase March 21.
The final prosecution witness, Dr. Robert A. Catania, a surgeon at Catholic Medical Center, described the wounds Doherty sustained and said, "Nine out of 10 times the wounds would have been fatal."
Defense attorney Caroline Smith presented only one defense witness, Sgt. Michael Biron.
She asked him what Doherty said at the hospital immediatedly after the shooting. Biron said Doherty told him: "Hispanic male, heavyset, ponytail, black clothing. He shot me."
The defense claims Webster is a victim of mistaken identity and that police conducted their investigation in a way to ensure the conviction of Webster, the man they arrested the night of the shooting.
The defense then rested.
Abramson then sent the jury home and said closing arguments will be given Tuesday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424