Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester school bus rear-ends car stopped at red light
A DODGE CALIBER is shown with rear-end damage after being hit by a school bus Monday morning at Cilley Road and Beech Street. The car's driver and her teenage daughter were taken by ambulance to a city hospital. (PAT GROSSMITH/UNION LEADER)
MANCHESTER - A woman and her teenage daughter were transported to the hospital Monday morning after their car was rear-ended by a school bus at Cilley Road and Beech Street, police said.
The crash happened about 7:30 a.m. Christine Smith, 36, of 28 S. Beech St., was stopped for a red light when her 2012 Dodge Caliber was struck from behind by a school bus operated by Victor Melo, 24, of 212 Jewett St., according to police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
None of the 10 children on the bus was injured. The bus transports students to the city's Catholic schools, and those still on it were heading to St. Anthony of Padua School. Tessier said Smith complained of neck and back injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Her daughter, Erin Gillis, 14, did not complain of any injuries but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Police issued a summons to Joseph Buckler, 39, who lists his address as the same as Smith's - 28 S. Beech St. - for disorderly conduct.
Tessier said Buckler arrived at the crash scene and got into an argument with the school bus driver. He continued to argue with a police officer and subsequently was issued a summons on the disorderly conduct charge, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 10
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist