Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester school bus rear-ends car stopped at red light
A DODGE CALIBER is shown with rear-end damage after being hit by a school bus Monday morning at Cilley Road and Beech Street. The car's driver and her teenage daughter were taken by ambulance to a city hospital. (PAT GROSSMITH/UNION LEADER)
MANCHESTER - A woman and her teenage daughter were transported to the hospital Monday morning after their car was rear-ended by a school bus at Cilley Road and Beech Street, police said.
The crash happened about 7:30 a.m. Christine Smith, 36, of 28 S. Beech St., was stopped for a red light when her 2012 Dodge Caliber was struck from behind by a school bus operated by Victor Melo, 24, of 212 Jewett St., according to police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
None of the 10 children on the bus was injured. The bus transports students to the city's Catholic schools, and those still on it were heading to St. Anthony of Padua School. Tessier said Smith complained of neck and back injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Her daughter, Erin Gillis, 14, did not complain of any injuries but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Police issued a summons to Joseph Buckler, 39, who lists his address as the same as Smith's - 28 S. Beech St. - for disorderly conduct.
Tessier said Buckler arrived at the crash scene and got into an argument with the school bus driver. He continued to argue with a police officer and subsequently was issued a summons on the disorderly conduct charge, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 2
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help