Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester school bus rear-ends car stopped at red light
MANCHESTER - A woman and her teenage daughter were transported to the hospital Monday morning after their car was rear-ended by a school bus at Cilley Road and Beech Street, police said.
The crash happened about 7:30 a.m. Christine Smith, 36, of 28 S. Beech St., was stopped for a red light when her 2012 Dodge Caliber was struck from behind by a school bus operated by Victor Melo, 24, of 212 Jewett St., according to police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
None of the 10 children on the bus was injured. The bus transports students to the city's Catholic schools, and those still on it were heading to St. Anthony of Padua School. Tessier said Smith complained of neck and back injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Her daughter, Erin Gillis, 14, did not complain of any injuries but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Police issued a summons to Joseph Buckler, 39, who lists his address as the same as Smith's - 28 S. Beech St. - for disorderly conduct.
Tessier said Buckler arrived at the crash scene and got into an argument with the school bus driver. He continued to argue with a police officer and subsequently was issued a summons on the disorderly conduct charge, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 29
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?